Jon Skeet is a programmer at Google, author of C# In Depth and Internet legend from his participation on Stack Overflow. After his meteoric rise to fame, a question was posted to gather Chuck Norris style facts about Jon Skeet. There are currently 291 answers, here are few that made me chuckle!
- Jon Skeet is immutable. If something’s going to change, it’s going to have to be the rest of the universe.
- Jon Skeet doesn’t have performance bottlenecks. He just makes the universe wait its turn.
- Users don’t mark Jon Skeet’s answers as accepted. The universe accepts them out of a sense of truth and justice.
- Anonymous methods and anonymous types are really all called Jon Skeet. They just don’t like to boast.
- Jon Skeet does not use revision control software. None of his code has ever needed revision.
- When Jon Skeet’s code fails to compile, the compiler apologises.
- Jon Skeet is the traveling salesman. Only he knows the shortest route.
- When Jon Skeet points to
nullquakes in fear.
- Jon Skeet coded his last project entirely in Microsoft Paint, just for the challenge.
- Jon Skeet can believe it’s not butter.
- Jon Skeet can code in Perl and make it look like Java
- Jon Skeet codes only with final sealed methods. No one has ever needed to override any of Jon Skeet’s code.
- Jon Skeet programs in binary, then compiles it into human-readable code.
- Jon Skeet can make IE obey his CSS rules.
- Jon Skeet can divide by zero.
- Jon Skeet has already written a book about C# 5.0. It’s currently sealed up. In three years, Anders Hejlsberg is going to open the book to see if the language design team got it right.
and my personal favourite:
- Jon Skeet can recite π. Backwards.
Do you have any programming related Chuck Norris facts? Share them with us in the comments!
If you liked this list then you’ll love our Classic Programming Quotes!